Saturday, October 17, 2009

When Men Were Men

This one is another old ref. I took back in 06 at DeWitt Meshell's Ranch... I really hate that I'm finally starting to run out of new ones from his place since he passed, his cattle have always held a certain appeal that I don't see often these days.
Don't get me wrong, there are alot of wonderful cattle out there that I'd love to take pictures of and draw but his is kind of like a "first love" thing with me, lol. (And I'm a sucker for traditional Butler traits)
His name was Impeachment and he was a Coach son for Anderson Ranch if memory servers (it's touch and go these days and nothing is written down)
I haven't put Photoshop on this computer yet so this is the closest I could get the details and colors - my other computer has become unreliable in that department...
all prisma color on colorfix paper - framed out at 30x40 and is approx 18x27

4 comments:

Artman2112 said...

i think this is one of your best to date. the colors and overall feeling are awesome. it must look great in person!!
and i love the title! after all the history of these animals that i've learned from you, it takes on a pretty heavy meaning!
i know it took a while for you to get your 'art gears' rolling again but i knew once you did you'd turn out some great pieces and see, i was right again! ;)

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Great job Brandy!! Wonderful atmosphere!

I know you'll love getting PS on your computer. I love my PSP, and don't know what I'd do without it.

Nancy

Brandy said...

Paulie - Thanks, I'm still quite busy picking out pieces to work on and such... I really do like this one even if it is a hair darker than I wanted

Nancy - Yes, it will be great to get PS on this computer so I can finally quit worring with the other one. It's so old the power cord arcs out and over heats, nothing can be done about it and the battery carries about 45sec. worth of charge lol

Ex-Limey said...

We all knew you could be there among the Best! You just proved it. Now keep on sending your work to all the art Galleries and Competitions. You take a back seat to nobody!
Jean